Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 6th LoveNYarn


Today in the Daily Listing Club we are featuring a lovely lady, LoveNYarn. In her Etsy shop you will find some exquisite hand knitted scarves, hats, gloves, purses and sweaters for adults, babies and children. There are also knitting supplies if you want a go yourself. New to the shop are some charming Rockwell figurines.

LoveNYarn says 'I learned to knit from my mother who kept all of us in the most beautiful sweaters anyone could hope to have, yet they were always warm and practical. She also made hats and mittens. I started knitting when I was about ten. When my six children started coming along, mom kept them all in baby items, sweaters, hats, etc. since I was too busy to knit. Now, I've 14 grandchildren who all call me "Memere". so I took up my needles again and haven't stopped. Over the past 20 years, they've loved to come up with new ideas for me to create for them, and I enjoy the challenges. But I owe all the creativity and inspiration to my mom.

As I've gotten older, my love affair with yarn has only increased. My "stash" seems to want to take over my house, I keep thinking some day I may make a dent in it, but I know it won't happen. I always have several projects going, at least one intricate, some regular and some just for fun'

Here are a selection of items from LoveNYarns shop.





Here are some treasuries created by the team, first a special treasury for LoveNYarns grandaughter who has cancer created by naturepoet, love n yarn by IntentionalGlass, GThreads created Most Important Is Family, I made a treasury called Keep Warm An Cosy  Pixiebonejewelry made one called For The Ladies and FrogHollowGlass  made Love & Yarn

1 comment:

LoveNYarn said...

Thank you so much for the blog post. Belonging to a team as caring and loving as the Daily Listing Club has been a real blessing. All the members are so talented in addition to being wonderful friends.